A variety of exciting & rare opportunities have arisen for 8 x Trainee Assistant Managers to join us in each of our regions. These roles are newly created Trainee Assistant Manager positions at Beaverbrooks across the UK, with our aim to ensure the successful applicants get the best support towards becoming highly effective as part of the management team at Beaverbrooks.
These opportunities are an excellent opportunity for self motivated and driven individuals with supervisory experience & a passion for product, who are hungry to progress their career in to a management role within the jewellery retail sector. The successful Trainee Assistant Managers will each have a structured personal training plan, join our management development programme and be fully supported by their training store and our central training department.
The Trainee Assistant Manager roles will initially be based at one of our selected branches whilst completing the initial management training programme, over a period of approximately 8 months (depending on individual). Once the initial training is complete, the role will then move in to any one of our stores within the same region. The successful applicant will be flexible on location within the region they are applying for & we would consider a relocation package following this initial training period.
At Beaverbrooks, we believe that every Customer should come first and that a visit to any of our stores should be a wonderful experience for them. By becoming a Trainee Assistant Manager with us, your every day aim will be to enrich customers lives. Why? Because we believe that’s what every customer deserves.
You will use your exceptional skills to support the management team, ensuring that the sales team are trained and coached to deliver world class customer service, whilst demonstrating expert product knowledge. You will be passionate about taking responsibility for your own learning, ensuring you have the skills to create memorable experiences for our Customers throughout your career.You will play a pivotal part in supporting the management team to drive business performance, and your caring and supportive nature will make you an excellent role model and Beaverbrooks Ambassador.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous team leader / supervisory experience in a retail jewellery environment
- Good product knowledge and experience with prestigious brands
- Strong knowledge of a customer focussed environment
- Proven sales record - you will be used to working towards and exceeding targets
- Ability to work well as part of a team and to work individually on own initiative
- Ability to lead by example and be influential
- Ability to set and work towards personal and department goals
- Good time management skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Committed to your own learning and development
- Jet 1 qualification desirable yet not essential
- Flexibility on location within the region you are applying for
- Holidays are 33 day per annum (25 days plus bank holidays).
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends
- Contributory pension & Life Assurance
- BHSF: Health Plan
- Regular staff events and occasions
- Charity matching – you raise it, we match it!
- 2 charity days per year - paid days where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work
- 2 hours off to give blood & £10 donated to charity
- Flu Vaccinations paid for
- Enhanced maternity package
- Maternity return to work bonus
- Paternity Leave
- Employee childcare vouchers
- Employee & family support & counselling – Retail Trust
Beaverbrooks the Jewellers is an award winning, family-owned business with 65 stores nationwide. Our passion for Jewellery is matched by our passion for people. Integrity, enthusiasm and caring underline everything we do. It also happens to be just one of the reasons we have been a Sunday Times Top 100 Company for the past 12 years and have also recently won Retail Employer of the Year by the UK Jewellery Awards for the 6th year. Other awards include Multiple Jeweller of the Year, Financial Times Best Workplaces, The Sunday Times Lifetime Achievement Award, The Sunday Times Best Midsized Retailer and The Sunday Times Best for Leadership.
We have been a family run business since 1919, and still hold those family values close to our hearts today. We are proud of our reputation for exceptional quality and exacting standards, and our passion for fine jewellery has been nothing short of a love affair. The pursuit of excellence is simply part of our ethos as family business. Our passion and expertise has been passed down through generations, and is still the main focus of how we do things today.
SUNDAY TIMES 'BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR' 2015
SUNDAY TIMES ‘BEST RETAILER’ (mid-size companies) 2015
SUNDAY TIMES ‘BEST LEADER’ AWARDED TO OUR CHAIRMAN 2015
RETAIL EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR – UK Jewellery Awards 2014
FINANCIAL TIMES BEST WORKPLACES 2012
BEST WORKPLACE IN EUROPE 2012