A golden opportunity to work with the best
THE SUNDAY TIMES BEST COMPANIES
Find out why Beaverbrooks were voted 16th in The Sunday Times best companies to work for in 2016
Packaging & Stationery Administrator
Salary - £8.35 p/hour - £8.46 p/hour (dependant on experience)
Hours - 20 hours per week from 10am to 2pm Monday-Friday (There is a need for flexibility to increase hours at peak times and to cover department holidays)
Contract - Permanent
Location - Lytham St Annes, Lancashire
We have a great opportunity to offer within our Operations Team.
The Operations department is a very varied department that is primarily responsible for packaging and stationery, health & safety, in-coming post and insurance.
Working together is crucial to the success of our team and so this role will include supporting in all areas but in particular with the incoming post. This can be a quite physically demanding responsibility owing to the nature of the role and so will include a significant amount of manual handling and mobile working.
The role will predominantly involve;
- Ordering and Management of Office and Store stationery/printing items.
- Ordering and Management of store and Website Beaverbrooks Packaging.
- Maintaining relationships and negotiating competitive prices with suppliers.
- Distribution of Thomas Sabo Packaging across the estate.
- Warehouse logistics – You will be responsible to manage and effectively utilise the space within our office ground floor and basement areas during busy periods and as the business grows. This will include ensuring all areas in the basement are clean, tidy and free from any obstruction on a daily basis.
- You will be responsible for managing the storage areas for all departments in our adjacent offices. This will involve liaising with all relevant office departments and the logistics of moving.
- Unloading/Loading deliveries at our loading bay. This is a continuous activity throughout the whole day.
- Processing of Invoices – You will be responsible in ensuring prices and quantities we order are correctly invoiced and you will deal with any discrepancies.
As part of the Buyers Support team you will have a major part to play in the above elements, helping ensure product is in the right place, at the right time.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a department which has a very diverse spectra of responsibility, and your role will support our Buying and Merchandising team, Office Colleagues, Stores and Suppliers to have access to the information they need.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in a similar role is desirable
- Customer Focussed
- Ability to demonstrate the ethos, values and behaviours of the Beaverbrooks Way
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve deadlines
- Good Decision Making Skills
- Excellent Negotiator
- Experience of Excel
All applicable training will be provided as part of the role.
Beaverbrooks the Jewellers is an award winning, family-owned business which started in 1919 and today has 67 stores nationwide. Our passion for Jewellery is matched by our passion for people. Integrity, enthusiasm and caring underline everything we do. It also happens to be just one of the reasons we have been a Sunday Times Top 100 Company for the past 13 years.
Just some of the outstanding benefits available:
- 33 days holiday per year, inclusive of bank holidays
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Healthcare Plan
- Regular staff events and occasions
Application closing date – Sunday 9th October
Interviews will take place on week commencing 17th OctoberApply Now