A golden opportunity to work with the best
THE SUNDAY TIMES BEST COMPANIES
Find out why Beaverbrooks were voted 16th in The Sunday Times best companies to work for in 2016
Head of Store Visual Merchandising
Department - Visual Merchandising
Salary - £45 - £55k, depending on experience + benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Beaverbrooks as Head of Store Visual Merchandising.
This is a wide reaching role, responsible for developing and driving strategies that grow sales through effective merchandising and industry leading, consistent visual standards in all of our stores. Achieved through proactivity, strong teamwork and collaboration.
An office based role which by its nature will split time between the office (Lytham St Annes, Lancashire) and our stores across the UK.
Are you a Senior Visual Merchandising Manager looking to join an award winning retailer, who is recognised as a Sunday Times Top 100 UK employer and Top Retailer 2016?
HEAD OF STORE VISUAL MERCHANDISING – THE ROLE:
- To review, design and implement all store window layouts to ensure the utilisation of product, brands and space available to maximize profits on a regular basis.
- To work in collaboration with the buying and merchandising team to ensure that the most on-trend and profit driving products and brands are positioned in the most effective position to deliver the highest ROI.
- The effective management and communication of the regular window changes as a result of the brands in and out reviews.
- Layouts of new stores in conjunction with the store design team in order to deliver the maximum potential whilst reflective of the Beaverbrooks brand and Customer Journey.
- Effective positioning and implementation of Beaverbrooks own promotional material, in conjunction with the marketing team.
- Performance analytics of trials and initiatives in order to drive the maximum profit whilst remaining on brand.
- Reviewing and redefining of the measurement of our Visual Merchandising Standards in our stores to include visual standards and the positioning of product to gain maximum sell through.
- To Identify the Beaverbrooks Customer Journey – “how our customers select their Jewellery and watches” to increase footfall in our stores
- Ensure that the stores visual merchandising and creative solutions are commercial and reflective of the store, customer profiles and Beaverbrooks brand. This Includes the development of new and existing product displays
- Structured competitor reviews in order to ensure that we are achieving our industry leading advantage and to achieve awareness of VM development in other areas which may be complementary to our own.
- Development of relationships with branded partners to support their brand display strategies ensuring balance with our own visual merchandising strategy. This will include the development of branded visual opportunities to better support our offer.
- Development of the VMM role to deliver industry leading consistent visual standards company wide (including the merchandising of product), through the support and development of the VMM team.
- Direct reports include VMMs, Visual Merchandising Manager & Display Development Manager
As this is a new role within the business, a certain amount of flexibility is required in terms of the outline of the role and this will be adapted and developed over time with the successful candidate.
Beaverbrooks the Jewellers is an award winning, family-owned business with 67 stores nationwide. Our passion for Jewellery is matched by our passion for people. Integrity, enthusiasm and caring underline everything we do. It also happens to be just one of the reasons we have been a Sunday Times Top 100 Company for the past 13 years.
We have been a family run business since 1919, and still hold those family values close to our hearts today. We are proud of our reputation for exceptional quality and exacting standards, and our passion for fine jewellery has been nothing short of a love affair. Our passion and expertise has been passed down through generations, and is still the main focus of how we do things today. Joining us, you’ll become part of the Beaverbrooks family.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
A high level of attention to detail is essential for this role with a good balance of analytical, commercial, people skills and a passion for visual image and display is essential.
- Significant experience in a Senior Visual Merchandising Manager role
- Ideally from a jewellery or luxury goods background;
- Passion for Jewellery and Retail;
- Ability to support, manage, driving a team and build strong relationships to achieve all outcomes within the Beaverbrooks Way.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to demonstrable experience and success from leading and developing a team with mixed skills and experience. Pulling different people/departments together with the ability to influence, listen, give and respond to feedback appropriately.
- Cost management - Budgets, depreciation and rolling costs – Value & ROI focused
- Analytical – use of data/figures to understand results to develop successful strategies – a competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Commercial – the balancing of Profit, Turnover and Brand (Branded and Beaverbrooks)
- Ability to be objective and take a project management approach as required.
- The desire to learn and apply the principles and disciplines of general visual merchandising to become the Beaverbrooks visual merchandising expert, this will include courses, research and external experience.
The successful person will be part of the Senior Management Team of 23 responsible for the financial and cultural success of the business. You will be/ become a Specialist in own given area and expected to support challenge and add value to all areas of the business. Collaboration, teamwork and role-modeling – living the Beaverbrooks Way.
Just some of the outstanding benefits available:
- Profit share
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Car allowance or equivalent
- Private Health Care – for individual and family
- Discount, extended to friends and family
- 33 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays
- Healthcare plan
Lytham St Annes is commutable from Manchester, Preston, Chorley, Bolton, Lancaster, Southport, Liverpool, Blackburn, Burnley, Skelmersdale, Blackpool, Bury, Wigan and other locations throughout Lancashire & the North West.
THIS VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED