Voted in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for the past 14 years
Customer Service Assistant – Web Chat
Salary - Starting at £8.84 per hour
Contract - 12 month fixed term contract
Hours - 25 hours per week – Monday - Friday from 4pm – 9pm (with flexibility if needed)
Location - Lytham St Annes, Lancashire
We have a great opportunity for someone who shares our passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience, to join our Customer Service team at Beaverbrooks, in Lytham St Annes.
We are an award winning retailer recognised as a Sunday Times Top 100 UK employer for the last 13 years and voted Best Retailer at the UK Jewellery awards 2016.
The role will predominantly involve:
- Video web chat support for customers
- Customer Communication, via web chat, phone and email
- Dealing with general phone and email enquiries from Store colleagues
- There would also be the requirement for an additional 4 weekend days before the end of December.
Please note that training for this role will take place during the daytime (Monday to Friday) in month 1 and there will also be ongoing training on occasional daytimes during month 2 and 3. It is essential that the successful applicant must be available for these training days.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of, and passion for, delivering excellent customer service within a retail environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good typing speed and the ability to respond quickly and effectively during text and video chats
- Comfortable on video
- Good rapport building skills and the ability to be adaptable
- Good questioning skills
- Empathetic, caring and an active listener
- Ability to influence and inspire
- Strives for 5 star feedback
- Results driven
- Previous experience of a similar role providing customer support via web chat, telephone, email and letter would be desirable, yet not essential.
- Ability to demonstrate strong and objective complaint handling
Beaverbrooks the Jewellers have been a family run business since 1919 and with 67 stores nationwide, we continue to grow whilst retaining our strong family values, which are engrained in the business. We are a retail jeweller that has a reputation for exceptional quality and exacting standards and whose aim is to make it special for every customer, every time.
Our passion for Jewellery is matched by our passion for people. Integrity, enthusiasm and caring underline everything we do. It also happens to be just one of the reasons we have been named amongst the UKs top 25 workplaces for the past 13 years by the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to work for, at number 16 in 2016.
Our commitment to both charity and our communities has now become part of our DNA. Beaverbrooks donates 20 per cent of post-tax profits to its charitable trust and matches the funds that our people raise for local charities. Since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks have donated almost £10 million to worthy causes.
- Corporate wear provided
- Excellent starting salaries – all rates of pay are above the national living wage for all, including under 25s. Salaries increase from the starting salary following successful completion of the training period
- Structured inductions & ongoing training programmes
- Nationally recognised qualifications – Jet 1 and Jet 2
- Outstanding benefits package which includes 33 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), contributory pension, life assurance, healthcare plan, enhanced maternity package, maternity return to work bonus, paternity leave & employee childcare vouchers
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to family & friends
- Regular staff events and occasions
- Employee & family support & counselling – Retail Trust
Closing date for applications: End of business – Monday 5th SeptemberApply Now