Voted in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for the past 14 years
PR & Social Manager
Salary - £25,000 - £30,000 + company car allowance + excellent benefits
Hours - Full time or part time (Job share options available)
Department - Marketing
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a PR & Social Manager to join the Marketing Team at Beaverbrooks in Lytham St. Annes, Lancashire. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this is a pivotal role to the department that can be made your own, where you can make a real difference.
The PR & Social Manager will be responsible for planning and delivering all consumer and trade PR through both traditional and digital channels, along with social media activity. Co-ordinating plans with the marketing team, product, retail and web teams to ensure seamless multichannel marketing campaigns.
The PR & Social Manager will work closely with the Marketing Manager to support and deliver an integrated PR and social strategy to meet the businesses marketing, product and retail objectives. There will be a focus on delivering tangible results.
Are you a PR & Social Manager wanting to join an award winning retailer, who is recognised as a Sunday Times Top 100 UK employer?
PR AND SOCIAL MANAGER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creating the annual PR and social plan working with the marketing manager
- Deliver innovative PR campaigns with intelligence and integrity.
- Build and develop a strong network of media contacts with perseverance to positively drive PR activity
- First point of contact for all media enquiries and responsible for streamlining communication efficiency
- Management of our PR agency
- Seek out and drive proactive stories and coverage around key projects/products.
- Develop social media strategies and execute day to day running working with Marketing Assistant
- Event management including leading press days/launches, brand partnerships and local Store events.
- Build and develop pro-active working relationships with brand partners
- Build internal relationships with stakeholders and stores to centralise process and raise visibility of activity and results.
Beaverbrooks the Jewellers is an award winning, family-owned business with 65 stores nationwide. Our passion for Jewellery is matched by our passion for people. Integrity, enthusiasm and caring underline everything we do. It also happens to be just one of the reasons we have been a Sunday Times Top 100 Company for the past 11 years and have also recently won Retail Employer of the Year by the UK Jewellery Awards for the 6th year.
We have been a family run business since 1919, and still hold those family values close to our hearts today. We are proud of our reputation for exceptional quality and exacting standards, and our passion for fine jewellery has been nothing short of a love affair. The pursuit of excellence is simply part of our ethos as family business. Our passion and expertise has been passed down through generations, and is still the main focus of how we do things today.
PR & SOCIAL MANAGER KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to be creative and an independent thinker that uses initiative to identify new ideas and angles
- Social media savvy.
- Excellent writer & communicator.
- Keen collaborator to work as part of a close team and a desire to lead by example
- Creative and results driven.
- Organised and efficient with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret and translate results in a meaningful way
- Confidence in managing external suppliers/agencies.
- Skilled at multi-tasking and prioritising.
- Fantastic problem solver that can see the end result.
- Ability to nurture strong relationships internally and externally to increase brand visibility and the success of PR and social activity will be essential
- To thrive you will need a passion for retail and jewellery,
- A good understanding of customer needs,
- Creative and opportunistic attitude and high commercial awareness.
- Be adaptable and reactive to align with changing needs of a retail business.
- A knowledge of the jewellery and products that we sell (supported by in-house training)
- Previous consumer and trade PR experience across both traditional and new media is essential.
Lytham St Annes is commutable from Manchester, Preston, Chorley, Bolton, Lancaster, Southport, Liverpool, Blackburn, Burnley, Skelmersdale, Blackpool, Bury, Wigan and other locations throughout Lancashire.Apply Now