Voted in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for the past 14 years
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Contract: Full time 37.5 hours per week (typical day 9am - 5pm)
Location: Lytham St Annes, Lancashire
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Finance Manager to join our Head Office team in Lytham St Annes. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the largest jewellery and watch retailers in the UK, recognised as a Sunday Times Top 100 UK employer and Top (mid-sized) Retailer for the past 14 years.
Finance Manager – THE ROLE:
Beaverbrooks the Jewellers Ltd are seeking an experienced Retail Finance Manager. The Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing the Accounts Payable and Finance functions including management and supervision of the Finance team. As an integral member of Head Office Management you will have excellent organisational and communication skills. Our ideal candidate has a logical, problem-solving attitude and enjoys working within a close-knit team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Management, supervision and providing coaching/mentoring to the Accounts Payable team.
- Continuous improvement to processes and procedures, initiating corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain performance measurement (KPIs) for the team.
- Ensure all AP tasks are performed accurately within timescales.
- Managing the accurate transfer of data between Point of Sale (POS) and finance systems.
- Ensuring accurate recording of all income streams flowing through to monthly reconciliations of control accounts.
- Supporting store colleagues with POS and finance enquiries/regulations including Interest Free Credit (IFC), money laundering and customer enquiries.
- Input to ad hoc projects within the wider business.
- Communication of changes within the finance environment to colleagues throughout the company.
- Accurate and timely posting to the General Ledger of invoices, expenses, petty cash and company credit card transactions.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts accruals and prepayments.
We are an award winning, family-owned business which started in 1919 and today has 69 stores nationwide. Our passion for Jewellery and Watches is matched by our passion for people. Integrity, enthusiasm and caring underline everything we do. This also happens to be just one of the reasons we have been a Sunday Times Top 100 Company for the past 14 years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Exhibit you are an integral part of a small team with a flexible and personable approach.
- Demonstrate your ability to meet objectives, working independently and as part of a team.
- A proactive approach to supporting the needs of colleagues and the wider business.
- Demonstrate a logical approach and problem-solving ability within an accounting software environment leading to the implementation of improvements. Experience of Navision software is an advantage.
- Experience of a retail environment and an understanding of the stock journey.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Advanced excel skills including VLookups and pivot tables.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Organisational and leadership skills.
Just some of the outstanding benefits available:
- 33 days holiday per year, inclusive of bank holidays
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Healthcare Plan
Application closing date – Monday 17th April
Lytham St Annes is commutable from Manchester, Preston, Chorley, Bolton, Lancaster, Blackburn, Burnley, Blackpool, Bury, Wigan and other locations throughout Lancashire & the North West.Apply Now