TAG Heuer Brand Focus
TAG Heuer History
TAG Heuer Through The Years
For over 150 years, TAG Heuer has faced down every challenge head on. We go back in time to discover their story.
Edouard Heuer opens a watchmaking workshop in St Imier in the Swiss Jura mountains.
Edouard Heuer patented one of the first crown-winding mechanisms for pocket watches.
TAG Heuer invents the famous oscillating pinion for mechanical chronographs. It is still used today in the mechanical chronographs of the major Swiss watch brands.
The first dashboard chronograph, the “Time of Trip” is patented by TAG Heuer in 1911, designed for aircraft and automobiles.
TAG Heuer creates the “Autavia” (an amalgamation of AUTombile and AVIAtion), the first dashboard instrument for automobiles and airplanes alike.
Jack Heuer, the great-grandson of Heuer founder Eduoard, joins the family watch business.
The first new model under the guidance of Jack Heuer, the Autavia wristwatch is launched.
Jack Heuer launches the “Carrera” in tribute to the exciting “Carrera Pan-American Rally” which took place in Mexico in the 1950s. It’s the first chronograph with a pure and functional dial design, created for professional drivers. It quickly becomes the watch of champions and a bestseller worldwide.
TAG Heuer becomes the sponsor and Official Timekeeper of the Ferrari Racing Team.
TAG Heuer releases the first Formula 1 series watch, combining steel and fiberglass.
Racing legend Aytrton Senna becomes a TAG Mclaren Mercedes driver and TAG Heuer brand ambassador. A much-loved multiple world champion, Senna remains a TAG Heuer ambassador to this day.
TAG Heuer adopt their now-historic mantra; Don’t Crack Under Pressure with a campaign that showcases both the brand’s and the ambassador’s determination.
1992 - 2003
TAG Heuer becomes the Official Timekeeper for Formula 1.
The Mikrotimer is launched, fitted with the first Swiss electronic movement offering an outstanding precision of 1/1000th of a second.
The Calibre 360 launches, the very first mechanical wrist chronograph accurate to 1/100th of a second.
TAG Heuer launches the new Lady Link collection, reworking its famous design but still showcasing the signature bracelet with the S-shaped links.
TAG Heuer World
TAG Heuer In Sport
Heavily inspired by motorcar racing since the beginning, TAG Heuer’s high-powered sporting spirit continues to grow and expand, beautifully represented across their sporty Swiss watches.
RED BULL RACING
TAG Heuer & Red Bull Racing Formula One Team
TAG Heuer are the Official Timekeeper, Official Watch and Team Performance Partner of Red Bull Racing, who perfectly represent TAG Heuer’s motto of #DontCrackUnderPressure.
- In just over 11 seasons, Red Bull Racing has transformed the world of motorsports with its incredible performance on the track. They’re Quadruple Double World Champions.
- Marking a historic first for a watchmaking brand in the world of Formula One, the TAG Heuer brand is included in the official name of the Red Bull Racing race cars. In 2017, the Red Bull Racing-TAG Heuer RB13.
TAG Heuer & Formula 1
Not just involved with the world of Red Bull Racing, TAG Heuer have a longstanding relationship with motorsports and Formula 1 in general.
- The first Carrera watch in 1963 was inspired by the Carrera Pan-American Rally, a car race which took place in the 1950s in Mexico.
- In 1992, TAG Heuer became the Official Timekeepers for Formula 1, timing every Grand Prix until 2003.
- The full Formula 1 collection is inspired by the extreme performance of the F1 cars, using the same cutting-edge materials that are used in car manufacturing such as titanium and rubber.
TAG Heuer In Football
The world’s best football teams run on TAG Heuer time, and the brand have forged new partnerships in one of the biggest sports in the world.
- TAG Heuer are the first ever Official Timekeeper and Official Watch of the Premier League. The TAG Heuer Connected smartwatch is worn by all Premier League referees and the official’s new high-tech boards are inspired by the curve of the TAG Heuer Carrera.
- TAG Heuer are also the Official Watch and Timekeeper of the US soccer team and Major League soccer.
- TAG Heuer are the Official Timekeeper and Global Partner of Manchester United, one of the most powerful teams of Premier League history.
TAG Heuer’s Ambassadors
From athletes and actors to models and motor racing drivers, TAG Heuer’s ambassadors all live and breathe the all-important motto #DontCrackUnderPressure.
Hollywood’s original badass and movie icon, McQueen loved the thrill of motorsports offscreen. In the famous 1971 film Le Mans, he wore the TAG Heuer Monaco, catapulting the watch into superstardom.
Responsible for some of the most legendary moments in the ring and one of the most renowned men in history, Muhammad Ali will forever be a fearless legend.
Considered one of the best car racing drivers of all time, Ayrton Senna is remembered as “The King of Monaco” thanks to his six victories in a row at the Grand Prix.
One of the world’s best football players of all time, Cristiano Ronaldo is a 4-time winner of Ballon d’or, 2-time FIFA world player of the year winner, and 4-time Golden Boot winner.
An American football quarterback, Tom Brady is a 5-time Super Bowl champion and the record holder for more passing yards, touchdowns and playoff wins than any quarterback in NFL post-season history.
At just 23 years old, Kei Nishikori is the first ever Asian male to reach a Grand Slam singles final. He’s the winner of 11 single titles, runner up at the 2014 US Open and he continues to break boundaries with his groundbreaking groundstrokes, unstoppable serves and killer backhand.
At the forefront of fashion, a favourite on the catwalk and followed by all on social media, Bella Hadid is an icon of her generation and is the new face of TAG Heuer. One of her favourite TAG Heuer watches is the Aquaracer in black ceramic with a diamond bezel.
A Hollywood superhero, Chris Hemsworth is best known as hammer-wielding “Thor” in the Marvel franchise. A true TAG Heuer fan, he portrayed Formula 1 driver James Hunt in the film “Rush”, and the Chris Hemsworth-TAG Heuer partnership began from there.
The epitome of an “It” girl, supermodel Cara DeLevigne is rebellious, strong-willed and wild-spirited. Whether it’s in the fashion world, on a movie set or on social media, she is constantly pushing boundaries and standing up for those who need it.
Recognised as one of the most popular pop groups in the world, One Republic are the kings of emotion. In 2007, they released their debut album, Dreaming Out Loud, and the lead single “Apologize” reached #1 in 16 countries and earned the group a GRAMMY nomination.
Named Best Music / Best Live Performance NRJ DJ Awards in 2014, voted Best Electronic at MTV Europe Music Awards and the youngest ever to reach the #1 spot on Beatport, meet Martin Garrix.
David Guetta is the world’s most famous superstar DJ with 9 million album sales and 35 million single sales. He recently made history with his official song for the Euro 2016 football tournament, entitled “This One’s For You” which was made out of tracks submitted by over one million fans.
TAG Heuer Connected
TAG Heuer Connected
TAG Heuer’s new smartwatch is here. The first connected watch that is 100% digital and Swiss made, the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 is all about personalisation with its new modular design. This new model has many of the original TAG Heuer Connected features, such as specially designed chronograph counters showing information relevant to your app activity, voice command “OK Google”, digital notifications straight to your wrist and access to thousands of different apps.
- The modular design means you can truly personalise the watch to suit your personal style with interchangeable lugs, straps and buckles
- Create your own custom face with 30 authentic TAG Heuer watchfaces. Interchangeable with a simple swipe, this digital collection is a window into TAG Heuer’s watchmaking history
- Choose the information you want to appear in each chronograph counter
- Track even more sports sessions with the new 50m water resistance and embedded GPS
- Pay with a simple flick of the wrist via Android Pay
- Improved high resolution display with a new AMOLED display and Ambient Light Sensor
- Powered by Android Wear 2.0, with significant improvements including the compatibility with iOS phones
Why TAG Heuer
Why Choose A TAG Heuer Watch?
1 - 150 years of Swiss watchmaking history. You can trace TAG Heuer’s beginnings back to 1860, when it was founded by Edouard Heuer. It’s a true Swiss heritage brand.
2 - A mainstay in the world of sport. TAG Heuer will forever be associated with the worlds of car racing, football and many others, producing highly collectable special edition timepieces. If you’re a sports fan, it’s the perfect watch for you.Watch now
2 - A mainstay in the world of sport. TAG Heuer will forever be associated with the worlds of car racing, football and many others, producing highly collectable special edition timepieces. If you’re a sports fan, it’s the perfect watch for you.
3 - A TAG Heuer watch will last a lifetime and beyond. It’s one to pass down the generations, and become a part of your family forever.
4 - Renowned for reinventing and revolutionising. Whilst staying true to its heritage and traditions, TAG Heuer also reinvent and revolutionise the industry – just look at the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45.
5 - If they’re cool enough for Steve McQueen, they’re cool enough for us. The TAG Heuer Monaco was worn by Hollywood icon Steve McQueen in his 1971 film Le Mans, showing how TAG Heuer create true sports watches that are also fashion statements.
TAG Heuer Aftercare
TAG Heuer Cleaning Tips
- Clean your TAG Heuer watch every two to three months to maintain its appearance.
- For metal bracelets and water-resistant cases, wash in lightly soapy water with a soft brush, without fully immersing it. Make sure the crown is fully pushed in (and screwed in, depending on the model). Rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
- If you have any doubts about the water resistance of your watch, simply clean it gently with a soft brush.
- For leather and fabric straps, avoid contact with water, perfume, cosmetics and any prolonged damp.
TAG Heuer Care Tips
- Although all TAG Heuer watches are tested for impact resistance, you should still avoid violent shocks to your watch. Apart from damaging its appearance, this can affect the performance of the watch.
- Avoid leaving your watch next to equipment that produces strong magnetic fields, such as speakers, refrigerators, mobile phones and handbag clasps.
- We have 51 stores across the UK that stock TAG Heuer, including our very special TAG Heuer Boutique in Leeds. You can bring your TAG Heuer watch into any of these stores to arrange a service and get expert advice from our friendly team.