A golden opportunity to work with the best
THE SUNDAY TIMES BEST COMPANIES
Find out why Beaverbrooks were voted 16th in The Sunday Times best companies to work for in 2016
This Vacancy has now closed
Location - Head Office, Lytham St.Annes
Contract - Part time, 4 days per week
Salary - Competitive + excellent benefits
Beaverbrooks the Jewellers is an award winning, family-owned business with 65 stores nationwide. Our passion for Jewellery is matched by our passion for people. Integrity, enthusiasm and caring underline everything we do. It also happens to be just one of the reasons we have been a Sunday Times Top 100 Company for the past 12 years and have also recently won Retail Employer of the Year by the UK Jewellery Awards for the 6th year.
We have been a family owned business since 1919, and still hold those family values close to our hearts today. We are proud of our reputation for exceptional quality and exacting standards, and our passion for fine jewellery has been nothing short of a love affair. The pursuit of excellence is simply part of our ethos as family business. Our passion and expertise has been passed down through generations, and is still the main focus of how we do things today.
We are now recruiting for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic Senior Accountant to join the team at our Lytham St Annes head office on a part-time basis. In this very hands-on accountancy role, you will enjoy being a key member of a small and close-knit team, whilst collaborating with the wider business to ensure that all accounting requirements are met and risks are managed. This position offers an excellent opportunity to develop and grow your skills further within a successful and ethical business.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this varied and highly visible Senior Accountant position, your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing monthly and year-end management accounts, including charitable trust year-end accounts;
- Preparing and submitting tax and VAT returns in a timely and accurate manner;
- Effectively carrying out specified company secretary responsibilities;
- Proactively identifying and managing risks;
- Ensuring compliance with all internal and external reporting requirements, keeping up to date with any changes and updates to relevant legislation;
- Accounting for stock balances;
- Ensuring efficient, and continuous improvement of, working practices and procedures;
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with senior managers throughout the company;
- Day-to-day people management of a small team;
- Preparing monthly and quarterly cash flow statements.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/equivalent) with practical accountancy experience;
- Strong people management skills essential;
- Experience in-house in commerce/industry would be desirable;
- Comfortable with a very hands-on accountancy role:
- Keen collaborator and a desire to lead by example;
- Confident and positive influencer;
- Hands-on attitude, organised and efficient with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to interpret and translate results in a meaningful way;
- Skilled at multi-tasking and prioritising;
- High commercial awareness;
- Adaptable and reactive to align with changing needs of a retail business.
- Holidays - 33 days per annum (25 days plus bank holidays) pro rata
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Company Car Allowance
- BUPA Private Health Care
- Employee childcare vouchers
- Employee & family support & counselling (Retail Trust)
This is an unrivalled opportunity for a Senior Accountant who shares our passion for enriching lives to join an award winning retailer, recognised as a Sunday Times Top 100 UK employer for the last 12 years.
SUNDAY TIMES 'BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR' 2015
SUNDAY TIMES ‘BEST RETAILER’ (mid-size companies) 2015
SUNDAY TIMES ‘BEST LEADER’ AWARDED TO OUR CHAIRMAN 2015
RETAIL EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR – UK Jewellery Awards 2014
FINANCIAL TIMES BEST WORKPLACES 2012
BEST WORKPLACE IN EUROPE 2012
Lytham St Annes is commutable from Manchester, Preston, Chorley, Bolton, Lancaster, Southport, Liverpool, Blackburn, Burnley, Skelmersdale, Blackpool, Bury, Wigan and other locations throughout Lancashire.