A Golden Opportunity To Work With The Best
The Sunday Times Best Companies
Find out why we been have been voted in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for the past 14 years
E-Commerce Technology Analyst
Salary - £24,000 - £28,000 per annum depending on experience
Hours - 37.5 hours per week
Department - E-Commerce
Beaverbrooks the Jewellers has been a family owned business since 1919, and we still hold those family values close to our hearts today. We are proud of our reputation for exceptional quality and exacting standards, and our passion for jewellery, diamonds and watches has been nothing short of a love affair. The pursuit of excellence is simply part of our ethos as family business.
Our passion for jewellery is also matched by our passion for people. Integrity, enthusiasm and caring underline everything we do. It also happens to be just one of the reasons we have been a Sunday Times Top 100 Company for the past 12 years and have also won Retail Employer of the Year from the UK Jewellery Awards on 6 occasions.
We are very excited to be growing our already successful E-commerce team, with a new opportunity for an E-commerce Technology Analyst to play a key role developing one of the UK’s leading jewellery retail websites.
The E-commerce team at Beaverbrooks is responsible for the ongoing development of the customer experience online, including merchandising of the online product catalogue, maintenance of all digital content and the conduct of digital advertising, whilst continually ensuring the website conforms to industry best practices.
As E-commerce Technology Analyst, you’ll work closely with the Technology Manager and our technical partners to support the delivery of technical projects. The E-commerce Technology Analyst will also act as first line support in the event of any site incidents/outages, as and when they may occur.
E-COMMERCE TECHNOLOGY ANALYST KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for UAT (User Acceptance Testing) for all major and minor releases to the application;
- Supporting the technical delivery of development projects, helping to control quality, performance and scope;
- Involvement in changes and releases to the e-commerce application;
- Assisting with the production of business requirements for new enhancements and projects;
- Translating internal business requirements into actionable specifications for 3rd party suppliers/partners;
- Reviewing technical specifications provided by 3rd party suppliers/partners;
- Logging/monitoring bugs and change requests using the appropriate issue tracking software;
- Acting as first line support for site maintenance issues, requiring you to work closely with 3rd party suppliers, and following the correct escalation paths should you not be able to resolve the issue;
- Supporting with performance testing, user testing and accessibility audits where required.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and expertise relating to web technologies, architecture and software development
- Experience of carrying out QA and UAT functions
- Experience of writing actionable specifications/requirements
- Hands-on experience working with both 3rd party and internal resource
- Experience in eCommerce would be preferred
This is an unrivalled opportunity for an Ecommerce Technology Analyst who shares our passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience to join an award winning retailer, recognised as a Sunday Times Top 100 UK employer for the last 12 years.Apply Now
In-House Services Assistant
Wage - £7.33 per hour, rising to £7.81 per hour after transition
contract - Part time, 16 hours per week
Location - Lytham St Annes, Lancashire
An opportunity has arisen for an In-House Services Assistant to provide support and assistance with general office cleaning, kitchen duties and building maintenance/repairs.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this role, you will enhance the experience of the office team and external visitors by providing excellent standards of cleanliness, hygiene and hospitality facilities.
Your key responsibilities will include general office cleaning duties, kitchen cover and office maintenance tasks, including:-
- • Ensuring the kitchen and staff room is clean, including fridges and microwaves;
- • Loading and unloading the dishwasher;
- • Cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming offices, corridors, toilets, meeting rooms and staff room areas;
- • Emptying bins and removing rubbish to the external bins;
- • Setting up and preparing meeting rooms, including cleaning and arranging tables/chairs and helping with refreshments and lunches if required;
- • Ordering supplies as required and checking invoices
- • General office maintenance duties including health and safety carrying out minor repairs and escorting maintenance contractors as necessary when they are on site.
You’ll also demonstrate flexibility to meet our business objectives, including covering your colleague’s duties during absence and holidays as necessary.
16 hours per week
- 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm Monday to Thursday
- 1.30 pm to 5.30 pm Friday
Slight flexibility to these working patterns may be considered.
There may be the requirement for some additional hours as and when required by the business.
Desired, Skills and Experience
The successful person will have prior experience of cleaning in a busy office or retail environment and a good awareness of hygiene standards. The ability to carry out minor repairs or previous experience in a building maintenance role is also advantageous.
Food handling or preparation experience would be preferred, though not essential.
In addition to this, you will be friendly, approachable, sociable and welcoming. You will be customer focused helpful and willing to go “the extra mile” to support the office and its visitors.
The ideal person will demonstrate the ability to prioritise duties, be professional at all times and be an excellent team player. You will also be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised in a busy office environment.
Please note that the closing date for applications for this position is 26th February 2016.Apply Now